Sunday 21 February 2010

Cat food

This evening, I found myself doing a job that never would have occured to me before. After washing-up, and preparing Esther's school snack-box for tomorrow, I had to turn my attention to the stove -and cook the cat food!!!! There are no "Katkins" or "KittyKat" tins out here: no "GoCat" boxes on the market shelves- so the cat looks to me to provide her with her dinner, straight from my stove to her dish.
The cats here eat a strange mixture of cornflour with boiled water and then a handful of (very smelly) tiny fish called "daggar"(not sure about the spelling on that word, though!). I had to go to the market last week to buy a pile of the dried fish and store it in my larder, in a very tight-lidded old ice-cream tub.
There was something rather unnerving about throwing a handful of these fish into the bubbling, white mixture on the stove and seeing all those little fish-eyes staring up at me from out of the hot liquid!!
Still, Moshi seems to enjoy it and eats it up with relish!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! Pussynebs doesn't realise how lucky she is1

    ReplyDelete