Saturday 24 December 2011

As I was saying...

...rainy season brings out some fearsome nasties- and I don't mean Joel!!
 The terrifying intruder you see in my dustpan arrived, uninvited, in my kitchen at breakfast time this very wet Wednesday morning. He gave me the fright of my life! I screamed, grabbed the baby, slammed the kitchen door, herded the children outside and sprinted into the MAF compound!
I am so very grateful that we live on the MAF compound with many close neighbours to call on, since Andrew was away in northeren Tanzania and killing this dangerous visitor was no job for a panicking mother! "As it happened", our French neighbout Pierre was walking down the compound. He was very happy to help, even though I unceremoniously yelled his name as I shouted for assistance!

Pierre did a great job of killing the scorpion, using the sharp point of our large umbrella. Sometimes out here I feel very protected, as if we are certainly being looked after as many of you keep us in your prayers. I dread to think what might have happened if I had not spotted the scorpion before Joel and he investigated it, or before it climbed into a cupboard and hid, maybe stinging an unsuspecting person later when they put their hand inside... but thankfully, all's well that ends well!

1 comment:

  1. Joel looks like he knows when danger is around.You've caught his expression perfectly,he certainly doesn't look like he'd be intersted in investigating further!Good for Pierre coming to the rescue.nana

    ReplyDelete