Friday 16 November 2012

In Training

We have only had one afternoon of rain so far this season. Dodoma is once again overwhelmingly hot, dry and dusty. However, we live in hope and anticipation of more rain soon!
When it does rain here, all the children get so excited that they rush out to stomp and play in the rain, then rush home to fetch toys to take outside, dirtying my floors with wet, muddy feet on their travels through the house!
In preparation for this, I am training up my boys to use their muscles and give a bit of a hand to clean those dirty floors!


Joel just loves to sweep and mop and is always charging about the house rather dangerously with my broom, so when I recently found this set of mini-broom, mop, bucket and dustpan in town, I snapped it up quick! It's not often that we find suitable toys for sale in Dodoma, so I was very excited! I bargained hard and got a bit of a reduction. It was worth all that time haggling over the price, as I now have a willing helper in training with his own tools -and my own broom safely where I need it! A win-win situation!

3 comments:

  1. You will have to bring those mops and brushes home with you at Christmas - we must be getting all your rain in England, Love You xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see that training on household chores is going well. Great that you have such willing helpers :) Cheers, Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm off to hunt for mini mops and buckets so the boys don't lose their skills while in England. With all the rain we are having here (sorry ) they can have plenty of practice on nana and Granddad's kitchen floor.
    By the way where is Esther when all the cleaning is going on? x x x x x

    ReplyDelete