Thursday 6 December 2012

Happiness is...


Happiness is a plate of home-made chocolate chip biscuits- and some lovely new zip-lock bags to store them in! 

Chocolate chips are a rare delicacy in Dodoma and cannot be picked up at the local shops, so I was thrilled with this gift of real, white chocolate chips, all the way from America! A much appreciated gift from a visiting MAF family (who will be coming to live here in Dodoma in February next year). There was much excitement when I received the above bag of chocolate chips! Out came my recipe book- and the baking began! The happiness continues, since I have so far only used half the bag and there is still opportunity to bake some more delicious chocolate chip biscuits!

The zip-lock bags also need a mention. Ziplock bags are a well-preserved treasure in the kitchens of Dodoma ex-pats. We use them, wash them carefully and hang them out to dry- and then use them again! Several times over! The bags I brought with me to Tanzania from England 18 months ago are starting to look a little ragged- and smell a little stale inside!! So I am very happy that I can now add some sparkly new bags to supplement this rather tired-looking collection of ziplock bags below, hanging up to dry on my washing line:

Meanwhile, whilst happiness to me is new ziplock bags and chocolate chips, the children are made happy in Dodoma with a tasty ice-cream on a hot day! 



2 comments:

  1. The children certainly look very happy tucking into their ice creams.
    Amazing what can bring you happiness in Dodomoa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog again ... glad to see that we were able to bring you a little happiness!

    ReplyDelete