Tuesday 25 January 2011

Salon Parker

One of the first things I need to do on returning to the UK is to book appointments with the doctor, the dentist (if they will let us sign up again after our absence abroad, during which time we have simply relied on regular brushing with "Colgate" to take care of our teeth) and also the hairdresser.
It has been almost a year since Esther and I had the opportunity for a hair-cut with a hairdresser used to the hair of an "mzungu" (white person) and I am starting to get desperate as my hair grows out of control! I have tried a bit of hairdressing on myself but Andrew warned me that it was best I stopped quickly, before I made a total mess! It is not something I am gifted at! So the girls of the house must wait a few weeks yet before we can have the luxury of a visit to the hairdresser.
Meanwhile, the boys of the house have clippers to use and our rather frightening-looking, but very effective, kitchen scissors to trim the unruly edges. Our house was transformed into a Barber's Shop for Andrew and Ben. Claire did a great job with Andrew's hair (he won't let me near his hair, after he saw what I did to my own!!) and Andrew did a great job with Ben's:

2 comments:

  1. Why no photo of mum?
    Could arrange for cut with Rachel.Yes Ben looks very happy with his hair cut and Claire pleased with her skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you think thats scary you should see Jim's beat the resession hair cut which he had last week at Ruths!aaaaaaaaaah
    It should last several months!

    ReplyDelete