Sunday 28 October 2012

A Rose In Any Other Place...

...would not be so surprising! But a rose in Dodoma is quite amazing!

This weekend, we have all been enjoying and admiring our very first rose.
I never thought that we could grow a rose in such an arid place as Dodoma, but here is the proof that it can be done:

 We all agree that it has a lovely scent- even Ben deigned to smell the roses! To me, the scent reminds me of Summer in England, even though it is far hotter here than any memories I have of English summertime!

  With the helpful guidance and advice of my gardening-expert neighbour, Margaret, our rose bush has flourished and blossomed- and now I am feeling very inspired with my East African garden!

2 comments:

  1. Great Nana would have loved your rose. Let's hope it survives the dry season.Perhaps you use your shower/bath water to keep it well watered? nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Sheila

    ReplyDelete