Tuesday 24 December 2013

At the Butcher's

I went to a local butcher's to buy some meat for our intended Christmas Day BBQ.

This butcher's shop sells great chunks of beef. He only opened recently, but we are glad we discovered it. The beef from here is much more tender than any of the other beef that we have ever bought in Dodoma:

I don't really like going inside the actual "Meat Company" shop. The interior is a bit of an assault on my senses! The sound of hacking and sawing through bone, sinew and guts is accentuated by the strong odour of fresh meat, whilst my eyes are confronted by the sight of blood-spattered walls, red bloodied meat strewn over every available counter top and bright red blood stains on the otherwise white uniforms and welly boots of the butchers. Although I am no vegetarian, it still turns my stomach a little! I open the door, place my order and scuttle off back into the fresh air where I don't have to think too hard about how my beef is being prepared!

As I waited outside for my order of beef to be cut to size from the carcass of the cow, I spotted the brand name of the butcher's truck, parked close by. It struck me as most appropriate, so I snapped a shot!


1 comment:

  1. That is so funny. Glad we only had to walk in our butchers to pick up our pre ordered turkey. Good to see you all enjoying the BBQ, on Ian's iphone xx nana

    ReplyDelete